The Importance of Iron and Iodine in Our diet
Why Iron is essential?
- Helping oxygen get all throughout the body.
- To make hemoglobin (and to prevent anemia).
- Helps any kind of attack from a virus or infection during pregnancy.
- It helps to boost the immune system.
- It assists peaceful sleep.
And many more.
Why Iodine is essential?
- For the production of thyroid hormones.
- Thyroid hormone is essential for the development of good mental and physical health.
- To fight the infections.
- Neurodevelopment during pregnancy.
And many more.
The above reasons are enough to state how crucial both nutrients are in our diet.
The following report shows the statistics of anemia in low and middle-income countries between 2000 and 2018:
From the data, it is concluded that the growth of anemia is rising year by year.
The following shows the prevalence of anemia:
The graph in the lower portion of the image shows:
- X-axis: Countries
- Y-axis: The scale of seriousness.
In the majority of cases, it is found in Africa and South-East Asia.
The following graph represents the number of non-pregnant women with anemia:
This shows during the pregnancy, how important it is to maintain the levels of iron in
How Iron deficiency can be recovered?
The main sources of iron are:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Dark Chocolate
- Red Meat
But, one question arises how fresh or how nutritious these sources are?
Usage of Double Fortified Salt:
- Another alternative is to consume double fortified salt.
- Double fortified salt is enriched with Iron and Iodine.
- As we consume salt daily, it is a good source to fulfill the daily needs of iron.
YOM International’s Iron Plus Salt.
- Due to the increasing change in the western lifestyle, we have taken necessary measures after detailed research and studies to provide you with the added iron element to our iodized salt.
- It is specially processed for youthful age and pregnant women.
- Consisting of extra Iron, this salt is created to help treat iron deficiency in humans.
- With the vital nutrients that it is made up of, Iron Plus Salt will help to boost your health with visible results.
Benefits of consuming Yom’s Iron Plus Salt:
- Helps in treating anemia.
- Helps to get rid of iron deficiency
- Helps to form hemoglobin
It is a must to include a certain amount of YOM International’s Iron Plus Salt(10 gms) in your daily diet.
It will add up in your fresh juices or healthy greens daily and stay worry-free forever.
Yom provides the facilitates different packaging of the product:
A box of 50 pouches, 1gm each
100 gms sprinkler
750 gms Tin
- To store in a cool, dry, and hygienic place.
- To protect from moisture and direct sunlight.