Moringa oleifera is also known as Drumstick Tree or Horseradish Tree. The Moringa Tree is highly rich in proteins, minerals and nutrients. It also contains healthy compounds such as iron, phosphorous, calcium and vitamins like vitamins A, B1, B2 and B3. The Tree, encased with numerous nutrients and health properties, is also known as the Miracle Tree, Tree of Paradise, or Tree of Life. Moringa. Though a native of South Asia, it is now grown throughout the whole world. It is highly economical to grow, grows fast and can be grown at places
where food is scarce. Since it can be grown in a tropical climate, it is an effective remedy against malnutrition in developing countries. The Tree also has the strength to withstand droughts and frost conditions. The presence of antioxidants and nutrients in Moringa can work wonders for hair and skin. Due to its food and medicinal properties, it has been widely used by Ayurveda since ages. Due to all these qualities, Moringa has been described as the most nutritious Tree on earth.
How does Moringa benefit the Hair and Skin?
Moringa lessens the appearance of wrinkles and lines on the skin. In addition to this, it is helpful in reducing blackheads and dark spots. Its antibacterial properties help in preventing acne breakouts. No wonder Moringa is a part of cosmetics.
Moringa paste reduces dandruff, strengthens hair follicles and gives bounce to dull hair. The presence of Omega-3, Vitamin A, Zinc and Iron is essential for healthy hair growth, and you will be surprised to know that Moringa has them all!
Did you know?
Moringa has the ability to treat more than 300 diseases.
Amazing facts about Moringa are that it consists :
- More Vitamin C than Oranges
- More Vitamin A than Carrots
- More Calcium than Milk
- More Potassium than Bananas
- More Iron than Spinach
- More Fibre than Oats
- Regulates Blood Sugar Levels
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Powerhouse of Antioxidants
- Protects the Liver and accelerates the repair of liver cells destroyed due to heavy medicines
- Promotes Heart Health and beneficial for the Cardiovascular System
- Beneficial for Nervous System and Disorders
- Helps in Weight Management
- Improves Digestion and related Disorders
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels
- Reduces Inflammation (which can cause diseases like cancer)
- Beneficial for Bones
- Protects against ‘Arsenic Toxicity’
- Works as an Antiseptic against Infections
- Effective Detoxifier
- Increases Immunity
The list continues …
An Interesting Fact
The fruit of Moringa Tree is known as Drumstick because of its shape and texture.
Did you Know?
- Every part of Moringa Tree is edible.
- The Moringa Tree is believed to have 92 nutrients and 46 antioxidants.